Thursday, June 12, 2008

Onward

We're headed out to one of the islands in the bay in a moment, a delayed birthday excursion, but I had to sign in real quick to whine about wind. Actually, to note that from now on I hope I remember to check not only the temperature and expected precipitation, but also wind. My ride to the office is easy, short, practically nothing at all to anyone who rides EVER, but today, the wind made the 3 and a halfish miles feel to this green green like dozens. Not to mention all the junk that I had to expel from my eyeballs once I finally stumbled in the door, having taken twice the time I usually do. And the wheezing.

You get the idea. I almost turned back, but by then, fortunately, I didn't really have time to stash my bike and still be sure I'd get to the office in time by car. So on I slogged, and was rewarded with an only breezy and phenomenally beautiful return trip.

I'm still having trouble trusting the cars...

No comments: