Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back on the Seat

I missed Green Streets day on Friday, thanks to a nasty cold that wouldn't let go, but I made up for it yesterday with a record 19-minute dash to the office in 73 degree weather.

For the record, I rode in traffic the whole way, except for on the part of the route which includes an actual bike/pedestrian path (as distinct from a sidewalk). I remain unconvinced that I was safer there on the congested stretch of Congress Street than I'd have been on the sidewalk. I became convinced, however, of the far greater efficiency of riding in traffic. Those bricks are bumpy, and of course there's all the actual pedestrians out for which to look.

It's been raining since that yesterday morning jaunt, and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when I looked out the window today to find less encouraging riding weather...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh oooh oooh! You're getting there. And thanks for riding on the street. I know you may not feel safer, but actually the pedestrians are safer, and in the hierarchy of safety, those travelling by foot mode rank at the top. So into the traffic you go! Thanks for being a good kid with the rules! ;)