Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bike Rack on the Bus

The other day I caught a glimpse of a bike on one of the Metro bus racks, and I thought to myself: "that could be really helpful. But I would feel like such a jerk holding up the bus the first time I tried to do it, making everyone late and attracting vicious sneers upon mounting the steps, (assuming I ever actually figured out how to make it work), that I will probably never take advantage of it."

Fortunately, one of the following must be true: I am not the only person who thinks this way, there are people who know that I think this way, or there are people with extra time on their hands who just like making videos that might somehow aid in increasing bike transit, because LOOK!!!!

Fewer and fewer excuses...

3 comments:

Martha said...

The other good news? Same rack on buses here in OAK! So seems like now that you have the knowledge, you can go all over!

P.S. I really liked the narrators easy and calm voice. Just imagine him talking you through it, and it'll be a breeze.

SidMor said...

So, I have this other possibility in mind...the people on the bus are either envious that you get to have your bike with you or they feel guilty because you're probably going one green step further, not to mention your buff collection of muscles. They would possibly buy some lazygreencommuter energy credits from you to assuage their guilt or convert their envy into some other color than green (like purple rage). As for looking at the video, the wise people on the ferryboat have prevented me from watching the video to learn how to work the bus bike rack because it evidently contains some prurient pathways to a cleaner conscience. In the final anaysis, I have been putting my bike on the bus rack and taking it off again (sometimes in very busy places) five days a week for about 3 and a half months now and I haven't detected a single sneer. It helps not to look...

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I like how you're eliminating excuses along the way here....